Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I need to vent. This is a huge election year--so when it comes to the news coverage of McCain and Obama--is the media playing fair?????

I don't think so. In my opinion, the media is unashamedly doing EVERYTHING possible to unfairly persuade you and me to making this very important decision for us. Just read your local newspapers, turn on any one of the "big three" television networks or even cable news (except for maybe one) and you can decide for yourself. Not that I believe anyone reading this blog would fall prey to this media bias, but what about the other average persons who might believe that the previously mentioned news outlets are actually reporting 'fair and balanced' news?! I'll tell ya, I'm thankful for talk radio and the Internet to get "the other side" of these news reports--because believe me there is another side.

I guess today I had had it up to my eyeballs with the media's obsession with Obama and with headlines like these: Just one reporter waiting for McCain as his plane landed in Manchester, NH, last night. IMHO, McCain is NOT getting the fair coverage that each candidate deserves and that should outrage people on both sides of the isle.

When I vote I want to be a well informed voter.

ANYway, thank you for letting me vent ::)))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are venting what a lot of people feel, so thanks from me who agrees with you! Let's see if McCain chooses his VEEP this week; I bet the coverage will still be slighted towards B.O. (as Cameron says).

Anonymous said...

How can we have faith in our media,when their bias is so apparent. I even get upset with Fox at times because they go overboard in presenting a balanced point of view. All we can do is pray that the uninformed will somehow come to their senses and realize what "CHANGE" means.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well said!