Thursday, December 27, 2007

We had such a nice Christmas week with family and friends and of course a visit to Rockefeller Center. Lauren and I had a dentist appointment in Harlem and so Kenny decided that we should take a quick run down to see the Tree. So off we went after a tooth was pulled and cavities were filled and with two numb mouths, we were off. It was the Friday before Christmas and the streets & sidewalks of Manhattan were packed beyond belief. We parked the van at the NY Hilton, said hello to the usual suspects, Mike & Dennis and walked over to Rockefeller Center. We passed Radio City Music Hall, saw the tree, went over to the angels, took a few pictures, waited on line to see Saks Fifth Ave's decorated windows--which weren't that great, then headed back to our van to start back home, but not without a trip to Starbucks (because there were no Dunkin Donuts around) for an iced latte w/ two sugars and topped with whipped cream, coffee black w/ one equal & 4 hot chocolates for the ride. As we were driving down 53rd & 9th Ave. standing there on the corner, waiting to cross the street, was the guy from "What Not To Wear" but because I was the only one to see him, Kenny said it couldn't have been him. The festivities continued the next day with a special visit from Marty & Elaine. The festivities still continued on Christmas Eve when we went to Granny's house in the Bronx and got there just before Uncle Brian had to leave for work. It's always a fun night full of lots of laughs and of course a visit from "Santa." The festivities STILL continued on Christmas day at our house with my side of the family-again just another really fun time (although it's not complete without Richie, Justine, Taylor, Emily and Kenny, Sheri, Kelsie and Cameron there). (Thanks Gabrielle for the frappuccinos:) The festivities STILL continued the next morning with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Gena and Uncle Philip coming back to our house for breakfast.

Kenny and I feel truly blessed to have such great families & friends....


Grandma & Grandpa opening their gifts......

Now Chris's turn...

Nice jacket, Chris





Uncle Philip's turn to open his gifts



Joseph & Gabrielle waiting for their turn to open gifts.....





Aunt Gena opening her presents...
Chris & Tommy were dressed alike...very cute and not planned.





At Granny's house Kelly helps Granny open her presents.



On Christmas Eve, Santa came to Granny's house for quick visit....










All the Croke grandchildren together at Granny's. Starting from the left we have Kelly, Alyssa, Kailey, Alison, Tommy, Michael, Darren and Lauren.


Marty and Kenny with an angel on his head.



Time spent with great friends, Marty & Elaine. "Hey Marty can you give me a transfer"?? Elaine you look great!!!!



Lauren, Alison, Tommy and Kelly at Rockefeller Center in front of the angels. Lauren's mouth was still numb.....



I forgot to add this one of us in front of the tree.

9 comments:

Rich said...

Merry Christmas!! Christopher and I received the same jacket for Christmas!! We have to make sure we don't show up in the same place in the same jacket. That would be so tacky!

Everyone looks healthy and happy. Everyone is growing up to be as tall as Kenny; well almost...

Sheri said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I have tears in my eyes, I know, sounds crazy, but I really do. I knew this would be great once you got it going and it already is!!!! Thank you so much -- I love seeing all of you. Now I have to update mine with my Christmas pictures. I hope you like seeing them as much as I love seeing yours. Give the kids all hugs from me!

PS...I don't get this whole "word verification" thing -- I can't tell what in the world the letters are this time, I hope this makes it to you. Richie has this on his too -- enlighten me, please :)

Anonymous said...

I think that the picture of us with santa should be one of those "if you can find Kelly in this picture you win a McDonalds cheeseburger..."

Anonymous said...

I kind of ruined the Rockefeller pictures with my odd facial expression :)... if only I hadn't been numb I would have had a great time... :) Still the tree was cool.
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's Kelsie. Cute pictures -- I want to come out there soon. Tell everybody I said hi. Tell Uncle Kenny to bring me a hot dog. I am sneaking on dad's luggage and coming with!

Anonymous said...

Kelsie: we'll send some "dirty water dogs" home with dad...but maybe we won't have to if you can fit in his suitcase ;)

Rich: Merry Christmas!

P.S. I think I fixed the "word verification" thing.

Anonymous said...

Trish!
You've done it again !
Great Blog !
I will start my blog today.

Anonymous said...

Was that you Jessie??

Anonymous said...

Trish,

Great blog you and the kids look great...Kenny...not so much but you can't have everything. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of days.

I'll put your blog address on my blog...it will give you a lot more action ;-)

Your Favorite Brother/Uncle/Brother In-Law,

Ken(ny)