Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Wanted to Share this Easy to Make, Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Recipe......

Kenny & the kids love this easy to make pot pie. It's even better if you make it the night (or morning) before you plan on serving it. Teri made this for our family after I gave birth to Alison and we all enjoyed it so much that I asked her for the recipe. It has been a favorite winter meal ever since. The only change I've made is I use a store bought crust i.e., Pillsbury deep crust pie shell rather than make my own.

I was able to make 2 chicken pot pies with this recipe:

1/3 cup of butter
1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup onion (1 small)

1 3/4 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken (approx. 3-4 chicken breast)
1 pkg. frozen vegetables (peas & carrots)

Preheat oven to 425-
Heat butter over low heat--when melted add in onion & saute--then add flour, salt & pepper--stirring constantly until mixture is smooth & bubbling--remove from heat--add chix broth & milk--put back on flame--heat until boiling--stirring constantly (when comes to a complete boil continue stirring 1 minute longer)--add chicken & frozen vegetables (stir)--turn flame off--add chicken filling to pie crust--use the other shell crust to top your pot pie--cut 4 slits on top of crust. Cook uncovered for 30-35 minutes-or until crust is browned.

After cooled you can refrigerate. Slice & reheat the next day.

I LOVE any easy to make, tastes good, I can't believe I made it, that our whole family enjoys, makes my life easier recipes--and this is definitely one of them. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours :)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should look into getting your own t.v. cooking show!

Anonymous said...

Delicious!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What else do you have>

Anonymous said...

Rachel Ray: I will.

Chef Boy Ardee: Thanks!

Aunt Jamima: Stay tuned ;)

Anonymous said...

Can I find it on the dollar menu at McDonalds?

Anonymous said...

Uncle Kenny (h): Since when do you eat off of the dollar menu?

Trish: Question -- is it runny inside? Who knows, I might give it a try. My kids love chicken, but if it's runny, they probably won't touch it. I wonder where they get it from?!?!?>@>>

Anonymous said...

I'm going to put it on my menu and call it McChicken Pot Pie.
Ronnie

Anonymous said...

Ken: LOL--keep checking the menu--you never know they might add it.

Sheri: I find it's not as runny if you cool it, refridgerate it and serve it the next day (I guess it firms up).

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is the answer to my quest for a new business idea -- we (see how I weasled myself in?) offer it to McD's as a new menu item and for everyone sold, trish gets a cut and the creative genius that came up with the idea of offering it to McDs (now me) gets a cut. Wait a minute...do we have to give a cut to Terri McCardle? Bummer.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to eat the pot pie for dinner tonight... aren't I lucky??? :)

Anonymous said...

I do believe McChicken Pot Pie would go well with a Little Debbie Swiss Roll.
LD

Anonymous said...

Your chicken pot pie recipe is so delicious it should be served for breakfast...on board my ship.

Anonymous said...

Please use Perdue chicken for your chicken pot pie.

Anonymous said...

You're all comedians.....

Anonymous said...

You need to add rice to this recipe!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using my frozen pie shells!

Rich said...

Betty Crocker suggests a touch of salt right before serving...

Anonymous said...

My mommy made me this for dinner before I went on American Idol...and I made it to Hollywood!