Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to school and work......

We've had and have been having gorgeous weather here in NY and we were able to take full advantage of it last week.

(Last week) the kids and I were off from school. Kenny had a much needed vacation and I made sure I didn't pick up any shifts at the restaurant. On Monday and Tuesday Lauren, Alison and Tommy attended a Baseball Camp at a local church. The coaches did such a great job and they all had so much fun and wished they could have attend the whole week--but because of yearly testing they were only able to attend the first two days :(

For Lauren, Alison and Tommy standardize testing was on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday--Kelly will start testing next year and she can't wait. Testing occurs once a year and is a time the kids really look forward to. 1) because they're off from school 2) they get to see friends 3) (I think) they enjoy packing a backpack with snacks, new pencils and erasers. Although the kids do well on these tests it can be a stressful time for me-since I am not 'teaching to the test'--but every year the kids tell me that most of what's on the test are things they learned the year before--Whew!

And I'm happy to say that Kenny is gaining more confidence in do-it-yourself jobs--or you could say--do-it-without Mike-jobs and was able to get some things done in and around the house--He changed a couple of ceiling fans and updated some of the doors downstairs--I can't believe the change when a door is updated--thanks honey ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tricia & Ken,
Glad you had some down time, although it sounds like you were kept pretty busy. I guess not having to drive to NYC is a vacation in itself.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

We wondered how much money we saved in gas.

Anonymous said...

Probably a lot! Tell Kenny to save some strength and vacation time...who knows, we might need some "do it yourself" help at the new house :)

Watching Idol on DVR -- I am just not a sayesha fan --

Anonymous said...

I'll pass the message along to Kenny because I know how much he LOVES house projects ;)

Last night I watched Idol on DVR--I'm not a Sayesh fan either.