Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lauren's baby quilt creation...............

At a HSKids (Homeschooled Kids--a bi-weekly co-op we attend) sewing class, Lauren and her classmates each designed and sewed baby quilts to donate to a local pregnancy crisis center. I loved the quilt and asked Lauren if she could PLEASE sew a king sized quilt for my bed--she adamantly said "N0." "What about starting a baby blanket business to earn a little extra cash?" again an adamant "No." It took a lot of hard work and time since we don't even own a good sewing kit let alone sewing machine but she was able to get it done and was happy it would be going to a mom & baby in need.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
The quilt is beautiful. I can understand your adament no but don't forget how to make one, because some day a person you are close to may get married and would treasure a home made quilt for their first born. What a great project for HS kids', for some recipients it may be the first kindness shown to them.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Thank you Grandma, I loved the way it turned out, but it was kind of tedious and I wasn't looking forward to making another big one for Mom and Dad's bed.... maybe one day though....

Anonymous said...

Lauren, that is so awesome! Almost makes me want to have another baby so you can give me a quilt!!! NO WAY!!!! Just kidding about that! You need to keep that skill up, it is a great thing to know how to do. Kelsie will want you to be teaching her -- she's knitting a scarf now and said you taught her how :) What a blessing for that mom and baby to receive a gift as beautiful as that.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I helped teach Kels how to knit! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry!!!! You are so right(eous)! I can't wait to see you sometime very soon and you can teach me to knit! Oh, by the way, can you please tell Tommy, the other Met fan, that I am finally putting his bday card in the mail tomorrow? Thanks :)

alison :) said...

Sure, if you come out here I'll teach you! :) I'll tell Tom....:)