Monday, March 2, 2009

I haven't been able to update my blog or even surf the web since our computer was being attacked by some forty virus' but thanks to my Uncle Richie I'm back and protected (thanks again). So here are some updates:

At the end of January the girls started piano lessons. Except for Kelly they have taken lessons on and off for the last five or six years. We found a great teacher and she comes to our home which has been a huge help--I can actually get housework done while she's giving the lessons as opposed to sitting in a car for an hour thinking of all the things I could be getting accomplished.

Lauren, Alison and Tommy are in a co-ed basketball program that is new to our church this year. It has worked out well. Alison has scored several baskets, a number of steals and has no problem keeping up with the boys in the 12-14 age group. Lauren fights hard for the rebound even if it means falling on the floor in a struggle for the ball. Tommy does well and proves to be one of the better players of his age group.

Lauren celebrated her 14th birthday on the 21st with lots of friends, pizza, soda, cheeseballs and cake. The fun continued on Sunday with a trip to Roller Magic Skating Rink along with church family and friends. The extravaganza finally came to an end with a trip to Chili's Restaurant. Our big birthday present to Lauren was contact lenses. She was so excited to get them but it has added years to her appearance :)

Kelly got half as many baby teeth pulled as her cousin Kelsie and we could hear her screaming from the waiting room while her father was holding her down in the chair and telling the dentist to "Hurry up and PUULLLL!!!!!!!!!!"

Tommy is back attending AWANA on Wednesday night's after a long hiatus. He works very hard at memorizing scripture to move on in his work-book. It also gives Kenny or myself an opportunity to go to an adult Bible study while he's at AWANA.

We (I'm) are having a GREAT time in My Father's World studying early American history--more on this later.

So there's a quick update of what's been going on with our THISfunctional family the last couple of weeks. I will continue to share with you my political opinions and frustrations while my daughter Alison tries to force me to change the name of this blog to something more politically appropriate--but I refuse :)

"SO GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!" *pounds fist on table*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Alison has scored several baskets, a number of steals and has no problem keeping up with the boys in the 12-14 age group."

Seven baskets out of five games, to be exact. Oh, and last week I put my hair in a ponytail WHILE running down the court. That is what I call talent.

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
Good to have you back...I love hearing about the things going on in your familie's life. Remind me never to bring Kenny to the dentist with me...
Kenny

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!! You are back!!! Welcome back, I sure have missed your updates. Oh my gosh! Poor Kelly! Next time Kelly, you go to Kelsie's dentist -- he gives you laughing gas first, puts some nice medicine in your arm, and you go to sleep before they pull your teeth -- OUCH! Way to go basketball players!!! Wish I could see you playing. Maybe your mom or dad can video some games and post them here, I would sure enjoy seeing you play. Yay for AWANA too. I hope you keep better track of your book, Tommy, than your cousin here keeps track of his. We wish you guys would put a visit to Atlanta on your calendar soon.

Lauren M. Croke said...

I was not on the floor on purpose! I was fighting for the ball and the guy jerked the ball so I fell.... My shoes have like no traction. ;)

PS I, also, have scored several baskets, a number of steals, and have no problem keeping up with the boys. But Alison was telling Mom what to write there. lol

Anonymous said...

^oh yeah, suuuuureeee....