Monday, March 23, 2009

Mark Levin's "Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto"

Last week Mark Levin had a book signing out in Long Island and drew over 6,000 people. It was the bookstore's largest crowd EVER--even larger than any past president--WOW!!!!

Yesterday I went to Barnes & Noble to purchase "Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto" When I entered, the "New Arrival" table was right inside the door. It crossed my mind that Mark's book may not be on display and would have to order it. In the past I've had a problem finding popular books written by either Christian or Conservative writers--never seems to be a problem with Liberal writers though--makes you wonder. But on the table there were about four copies. I grabbed one and walked around the table before heading over to the register. When I came around the table an older woman was standing there and said "I heard about that book on the news last night" I said this guy is really good; you should read his book--she said she would. Then a B&N employee came over and told me that Liberty and Tyranny was moving like crazy. Great! When I got to the register the woman behind the counter said to me in a whispered voice "I saw him (Mark Levin) on Fox & Friends this morning--she continued "This book sounds VERY interesting--I'm going to read it" I explained that this is a guy who knows The Constitution..........Anyway, I walked out very encouraged.

Here's Mark on Neil Cavuto's show discussing his book and Conservatism:



A quote on the back of Mark's book:

"We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word, we do not mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; with others the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men’s labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same names--liberty and tyranny".

Abraham Lincoln, 1864

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for posting this (I am having a bit of trouble hearing Mark though with the music, not sure if I can change that or not). You know Rush doesn't have many guests on his show, but he had Levin on today. Funny how the clerk felt she had to whisper that to you????

Anonymous said...

aunt sheri - you can pause the music at the bottom of the page :)

Anonymous said...

Lauren, you are a GENIUS!!! You have to take care of your technically challenged aunt -- thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

PS -- I do love the music, though!

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
What an excellent posting. I love your wallpaper. I need your children around to explain all the intricacies of the computer. I ordered Mark's book on Amazon along with Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
What an excellent posting. I love your wallpaper. I need your children around to explain all the intricacies of the computer. I ordered Mark's book on Amazon along with Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
What an excellent posting. I love your wallpaper. I need your children around to explain all the intricacies of the computer. I ordered Mark's book on Amazon along with Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
Love, Mom